Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

HariKumarr
Accepted Solution

Update 6.2.B.1.96 slowed down my phone

After the 6.2.b.1.96 update to my xperia acro s , my phone has considerable slowed down .

Icons in the home screen ..take time to load and the overall experience is less smoother now ..

Does anybody face the same problem ?

I wish i hadnt updated my phone !!!!

One time poster
AliShahbazi

Re: Update 6.2.B.1.96 slowed down my phone

this is my problem too , and I Don't know what i can do to fix it :smileysad:

One time poster
Kamali

I have issue in network connectivity after update to  6.2.B.1.96. I don't know why updating the software is causing issue in connectivity. this is basic feature of any phone and Sony you will have fix it immediately. it is not just 2000rs phone yar we have paid 30000 rs for this phone and if some one call me now most of time they are hearing "you are not reachable". Please test your updates before publishing to people.

One time poster
Head32

I have the same problem, since I have updated my Xperia S less than 100 mb of RAM, icons slow to appear.
This version of JB is also full of bugs, I'm considering reinstalling ICS as I try to sell my phone and buy any samsung.
I'm sick of these failures on the part of Sony.

Adept
Bearings

Did you use PC Companion to update the latest firmware? What I discovered is that PCC updates merely overwrite the previous firmware trying to keep your data as much as possible. This sometimes will slow down the phone.  My suggestion is you try to do a clean installation using Sony Update Service: http://www.sonymobile.com/in/tools/update-service. This will wipe your phone clean and install everything new. Please backup your data before doing so.

HariKumarr

Thank u so much . This really worked and the experience is as smoother as before ..... I took a back up and did a factory reset on my phone , erasing all data ... Now it's just good as before :smileyhappy:
Petronix

Update Service isnt working for me. It always says there is no connection. I even disable all firewalls and still it wouldnt connect. What am i doing wrong? My AcroS doesnt want to update to a new vrsion at all. PCC is shutting down on the step 2 of the update before it even starts to download anything. Please help. Cheers! 

Greenhorn
boriskovalski

If you can't do this with SUS or PCC try this : http://www.flashtool.net/download.php 

One time poster
jnthkumar89

Update 6.2.B.1.96 slowed down my phone

Phone outgoing call is very slow 

if I press the name and then 10 to 15 seconds is not responding to going call 

if its a low phone or any other problem 

Pl help me.:smileyhappy:

Greenhorn
narakka

Speaker also problem.. After updated new fw, my xperia s sound sound soo horrible.. Now im using half if my volume.. Bcos if u used max vol my speaker going crash... Anyone have same prob?